We offer a wide range of services from basic dental healthcare such as full checkups and restorative work, to an array of cosmetic treatments to help you get that winning smile. We are absolutely committed to ensuring completed satisfaction and this is why all our patients leave our practise with a smile on their face.
CEREC stands for Ceramic Reconstruction, and while we are the first to admit that getting a new crown isn’t one of the most exciting things to do with your time, CEREC does make the process go that much quicker, make the procedure so much easier, and make the entire experience so much more comfortable for the patient!
Allow us to explain what the CEREC system allows your dentist to do for you in 4 easy, pain- and discomfort free steps:
- After the initial consultation, a CEREC camera captures the area to be treated. Basically, the camera takes a 3D scan of your dentition
- The dental prosthesis is then created as a 3D model on the computer.
- The restoration created on the computer is subsequently milled from a ceramic block; right there in your dentist’s office! You can even watch it being milled if you like!
- The finished ceramic restoration is inserted just a little while later.
All 4 steps can be completed in one visit! No more repeat appointments, no more foul-tasting impression material, no more uncomfortable impression tray in the mouth stimulating your gag reflex every time you try and breath, and absolutely no more subsequent jaw ache!
Whether you need a crown, partial crown, or veneer, the CEREC system is all about patient comfort, speed, and efficiency!
If you want to know a little more about the CEREC system by Sirona, or need a little help understanding the alternative that CEREC aims to improve on in every way, keep reading:
If you’ve ever had a dental mold made (e.g. before orthodontic work, in order to manufacture a night guard, or a plate etc.) then you know what we’re talking about when we speak about CEREC eliminating the need for dental impressions! No more biting down into an impression tray full of foul-smelling gunk. The CEREC system’s incredible camera technology captures the dentition from all possible angles as your dentist moves the wand around in your mouth, and the CEREC system creates a 3D model of your dentition on the computer in real time!
You’ll never need a temporary prosthesis again! Temporary prostheses are exactly what the name suggests: temporary. With CEREC your dentist is able to create your permanent prosthesis for you while you wait; no temporary patch-up job and/or week-long wait required!
CEREC enables your dentist to insert esthetic ceramic crowns or partial crowns in a single session! From scanning through to manufacture and fitting, with the help of the CEREC system, your dentist can have you smiling with confidence again in under an hour!
Not only will you save time and money, because you’ll only need one appointment, but you’ll also be saving yourself the pain of multiple injections!
Why tooth whitening?
- Appearance of being more healthy
- Equated youthfulness
- Feel good about yourself
Causes of tooth discolorationExternal
- Drinks (colas, coffee, tea, wine)
- Food colourants (beetroot, curries)
- Tobacco (cigarettes, chewing)
- Aging (thinning of enamel)Internal
- Drugs (tetracycline, fluoride)
- Trauma (non vital tooth)
How does it work?
- Carbamide peroxide breaks down into hydrogen peroxide and urea, materials commonly founds and readily disposed of in the body.
- Hydrogen peroxide breaks down into water and an oxygen free radical
How safe is whitening?
Hundreds of studies from the most credible researchers proved that there is:
- No enamel reduction
- No enamel softening
- No damaging or alteration of tooth structure
Crowns (natural and implants)
Inlays / onlays
Bridges (conventional bridge and implant supported)
- Nobel biocare
Dental implants are Titanium posts with specially activated surfaces. They are placed (implanted) into your jawbone to function in a similar way to a natural tooth root. Your bone grows onto the implants in a process called osseonintegration. After a few months the implants will form a permanent part of your body, provided there are no complications.
Present day implants are based on scientific evidence and have shown a success rate of more than 95%. Many dentists now agree that implants are one of the most predictable forms of dental treatment, and in most cases it is a long-term solution. More than half a million people receive dental implants every year, and now this option is available to you.!
X-rays, and sometimes CT scans, will be needed to see if you have sufficient quality and quantity of bone, Conditions such as uncontrolled diabetes, HIV and leukemia can affect the bone growing onto the implant and will need careful assessment. In general, most people are suitable candidates for implants.
Metal free (tooth-coloured) fillings
Paedodontics (children dentistry)
Endodentics (root canal treatment)
Treatment under conscious sedation
More on Digital X-Rays
There are 2 types of digital x-rays available
- Intra oral
Advantages of digital x-rays
- Less radiation exposure to the patient
- Improved and instantly available image
- Fast root canal procedure and implant surgery
More on Digital Photography
- Intra oral
- Extra oral
More on intra oral photography
- A small pen-like intra oral digital camera is used to capture and document decay, pathology in the oral environment
Advantages of intra oral photography
- Improved communication with the patient regarding their treatment
- Documenting pathology or disease improvement or progression
- Improved communication when referring a patient